KentuckyOne Health and the American Heart Association have partnered with The Girl Scouts of Kentucky’s Wilderness Road Council to educate young girls in central and eastern Kentucky about their hearts and how to keep them healthy. The goal of the Go Red Girl Scout Patch program is to raise awareness of heart disease and the risks that it poses for women. By encouraging healthy heart habits early in life, we hope to help girls begin a lifetime of healthy living.
If you are located in Boone, Kenton or Campbell County, please follow the curriculum HERE.
The number of activities that you have to complete will depend on your troop level.
- Daisies: Complete 6 total activities, each from a different activity section.
- Brownies: Complete 8 activities from the 6 out of 7 different activity sections.
- Juniors: Complete 2 activities each from 6 different sections and 1 Community Service activity.
- Cadettes, Seniors and Ambassadors: Complete 2 activities from the 7 different section.
- Seniors and Ambassadors: CPR is a mandatory activity to receive the patch.
- Heart Education Activities
- Nutrition Activities
- Fitness Activities
- Nonsmoking Educational Activities
- Family Activities
- Community Resources Activities
- Community Service Activities
For the full curriculum click and Patch Order Form click HERE.
View the different activities in each Activity Set below:
- Activity Section 1 - Heart Education Activities
- Activity Section 2 - Nutrition Activities
- Activity Section 3 - Fitness Activities
- Activity Section 4 - Nonsmoking Education Activities
- Activity Section 5 - Family Activities
- Activity Section 6 - Community Resources Activities
- Activity Section 7 - Service Activities