This position is great for someone that loves recruiting, sales and marketing! You will be instrumental in creating the Must Have Girl Scout experience at the same time you are honing your skills to move up into manager/director-level positions.
The Membership Specialist possesses a competitive attitude, driven personality and a positive energetic outlook. She/he has extraordinary communication skills with the mental agility to multi-task and responds to multiple needs simultaneously to meet/exceed Council goals for membership, volunteer recruitment and program development. Position will provide direct support to adult volunteers.
- Bachelor's degree required from an accredited college or university.
Experience and interest in the following areas have created the most success:
- Membership Recruitment and Retention
- Outcomes-related or Grant-related programming
- Community Development
- Event Planning
- Data-based Decision Making
- Sales and Marketing
- Evaluation and Surveys
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Windows, Office, and Outlook.
- Exceptional relationship-building skills, interaction with volunteers and community.
- Strong skills in planning, organizing, executing with attention to detail.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills that would be appropriate for a wide variety of audiences.
- Able to prepare and deliver persuasive stand-up presentations for a wide variety of audiences.
- Excellent judgment, with the ability to manage time, work independently, and handle multiple priorities.
- Able to problem-solve and use conflict management skills.
- Customer service and hospitality mentality.
- Ability to travel as the job requires – up to 80%.
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Physical ability to lift, carry, set up work-related supplies and/or equipment weighing at least 20 pounds.
- Ability to sit at a computer work station for extended periods of time.
- Full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Able to provide own method of transportation, maintain valid driver's license with appropriate insurance.
- Pass background and motor vehicle checks.
All buildings are tobacco-free facilities.
To apply, please send cover letter describing your interest in working with Girl Scouts, résumé,
salary history and requirement, and (5) professional references to email@example.com May 15, 2014.
Please place position title in subject line.
No phone calls, please.
An AA/EEO Employer